Fitness Travel Tips
It's crazy to believe that I've been modeling for almost 10 years now! It was kind of an accident when I first started, but I remember thinking it would be super glamorous and I would be traveling the world and getting paid to take pictures. And although, some of that does happen- there's a lot of hustle in between shoots and a lot of grit. So I'm SUPER excited every time I do get to travel for modeling! So far this year I've been to Canada, and California.
And honestly, I viewed fitness and health the same when I started. I thought I was going to be able to workout here and there, and eat healthy-ish for a few weeks and get massive results. I've learned now that it's a lifestyle change, and genuinely developing more good habits, than bad ones.
I get a lot of compliments from high school friends when I see them out and about now on my weightloss transformation, but I don't think anyone knows all the work that goes into meal prepping and hitting the gym to get my sweat on. It's turned into something I look forward to because it's a part of my routine.
Yes, and no. Sometimes traveling throws me completely off of my routine. (Not to mention I also injured my toe about a week and a half ago and had to take some off from the gym). Flights, being away from home and not having direct access to the gym can make it difficult to stick closely to my own regime.
I think it's mostly mental, but it's interesting to shoot active wear when I'm not consistent on my own exercise routine; but after losing 75 lbs- I've realized that life is always going on despite our goals and routines and we have to be attentive to the life that's happening NOW. You also can set yourself up for more success on your trip!
1. Try to pack your own snacks when possible! Food is acceptable in your carry on ;)
Examples: almonds, protein bars, beef or turkey jerky
2. Try to bring a jump rope or resistance bands on your trips for fast and effective workouts.
Amazon is a great place to grab some inexpensive travel options!
3. Don't go COMPLETELY off the wall with your eating habits and eating out. Enjoy yourself, but don't go nuts!
-You can always ask for the nutritional value of your meals
4. Walk places. Walking is a great exercise, and I do it even while I'm out of town when possible.
5. Stay hydrated. Drinking plenty of water is a necessity no matter where you are, but sometimes we forget while we are on vacation or traveling.
- Grab a refillable water bottle and drink it throughout the day, Target has great ones.